Monday, March 24, 2008

Things that travel 1300 fps

That's probably as good of a 34-second summary of my views on gun control as you're going to get (right down to the headband- and peace-sign-wearing hippy liberal gun-grabber).

Simply put, I believe that the true meaning and correct interpretation of the Second Amendment is as a safeguad to "the right of the people to keep and bear arms"

I hope that the Supreme Court will validate my understanding of the Second Amendment when they rule on the DC vs Heller case.

I've been fairly involved in the dispute that the University of Utah has had with the state over whether they can / ought to restrict Concealed Weapon Permit (CWP) holders from carrying their self-defense firearms on campus. I even started a student club called the Second Amendment Students (you can email secondamendmentstudents@gmail.com for more info). I am an advocate for allowing students with CWPs to carry their self-defense firearms on campus (A.K.A. - at least if you work for / agree with the Brady Campaign - a gun nut, gun-o-phile, knuckle-dragger, and so-on-and-so-forth, including many names that will not be reprinted here). Students for Concealed Carry on Campus (SCCC) has a website at http://www.concealedcampus.org/ which discusses the same issue. An impartial observer would have to conclude that they are much more articulate and well-organized than I am, so please don't let my ramblings detract from the argument they make so well.

In ending today's posts, let me just say that what follows is a startling example of someone who has the Bill of Rights completely bass-ackwards:

If ever there existed 84 seconds of Q&A that should absolutely disqualify someone from becoming POTUS, that's it.

No comments: